Intended for dog owners who want to learn more about dog behaviour, this book provides practical ideas that can be incorporated in daily interactions with dogs.
Canine Behaviour in Mind: Applying Behavioural Science to Our Lives with Dogs presents advice on behavioural change in achievable and creative ways. It examines how the way we live and work with dogs may need adjusting to promote positive behavioural change in the animal as well as better welfare.
The book includes:
- case studies with experts to guide readers in real-world situations
- scientific research combined with trainer experience to ensure that the book has science at its heart
- content of interest to a wide range of dog owners and professionals.
Equine Behaviour in Mind by the same editor has garnered some unique reviews. This new book follows the same format, relating dog behaviour to dog ownership.
Canine behaviourists, dog trainers, dog owners, animal welfarists and behaviour change researchers will all benefit from this excellent book.
Suzanne Rogers is an Independent Animal Welfare Consultant based in Surrey, UK. Suzanne is the co-Director of Human Behaviour Change for Animals (HBC for Animals). She specialises in applying behavioural science (human) to improving the lives of animals.
- Daily Care
- The Older Dog
- Rehabilitation and Rescue
- Non-Veterinary Professionals
- Assistance Dogs
- Human Behaviour in Mind
- Other Topics