As the veterinary nursing profession continues to develop beyond the traditional caring and support roles, more and more academic rigour is expected of veterinary nurses. Exams, CPD and repeated testing and study throughout the nurse‚Äôs career are now requirements.
Aimed at veterinary nurses and technicians this book will guide the reader through the various research and study disciplines required of them. Research and Study Skills for Veterinary Nurses discusses why these academic skills are now required of the veterinary nurse, different types of source material, how to complete written assignments, how to reference properly, how to approach different test questions, exam preparation, how to respond to oral exams, how to complete OSCEs, CPD training and work-based practical assessments.
Research and Study Skills for Veterinary Nurses provides information and advice ‚Äì from successful exam technique, to revision ideas, and study styles ‚Äì for student vet nurses who need a reliable resource to guide them through their course.
- Academia for vet nurses
- Research skills for veterinary nurses
- Academic writing for course work
- Multiple-choice questions: the easy exam?
- Written exams: the short, the long, the seen , the unseen
- Viva voce and verbal skills for exams
- Practical assessments
- Learning at work
- VN CPD lifelong research and learning
- The clinical coach/ supervisor
- Student contract
- Creative teaching and learning opportunities
- The World Organisation for Animal Health’s core mission in relation to laboratories working in the veterinary domain
- Arthropod vectors and arthropod-borne diseases