Struggling with problem behaviour in rabbits can leave you frustrated, embarrassed, and feeling helpless. You‚Äôre not alone ‚Äì over forty percent of the 1.5 million pet rabbits in the UK show behaviours that their owners wish they didn‚Äôt! The lives of these rabbits, and their owners, can be improved by tackling bad behaviours at the root.
Behavioural Problems in Rabbits: A Clinical Approach by rabbit behavioural expert Guen Bradbury, gives you the tools you need to address any unwanted behaviour in a rabbit under your care. Whether you are an owner, a veterinary surgeon or nurse, or if you rehome rabbits, this book will help you:
- Understand what influences rabbit behaviour
- Diagnose the cause of a specific problem behaviour
- Learn the principles of modifying rabbit behaviour
- Construct an achievable plan to change a specific behaviour
- Review and refine the behaviour modification plan as needed
- What is the problem behaviour?
- Why is the problem behaviour occurring?
- How can I change behaviour?
- How can I resolve a specific behavioural problem?
Appendix: Advice sheets